Paper or plastic? No thank you, I’ve got my HERO BAG.
From San Francisco, the first city in the United States to ban plastic bags we bring you, HERO BAGS the eco-friendly reusable canvas shopping bag.
If you have yet to join the reusable bag movement here’s a bit of information regarding the toll that plastic and paper bags have on our planet.
- Worldwide an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That comes out to over one million per minute.
- Billions of bags end up as litter each year.
- The U.S. goes through 100 billion plastic shopping bags annually
- Plastic bags don’t biodegrade, they photodegrade—breaking down into smaller and smaller toxic bits contaminating soil and waterways and entering the food web when animals accidentally ingest.
- It takes more than four times as much energy to manufacture a paper bag as it does to manufacture a plastic bag.
- Only 10 to 15% of paper bags and 1 to 3% of plastic bags being recycled, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Each reusable shopping bag that you use has the potential to eliminate hundreds if not thousands, of plastic bags over its lifetime.
- It can all start with you, HERO BAGS
- Join the reusable bag movement and pick up your HERO BAG today.